4 Pembroke Place
4 Pembroke Place is one of 7 cottages in a terraced cul-de-sac on the West Side of Edinburgh town centre.
The original cottage was built in 1866 and the new house was completed exactly 150 years later in 2016.
The old house was completely removed with only the front elevation stonework and the two party walls surviving the new build.
Engineer: David Naro Associates
Photography: Jason Evans
A garden room extension replacing an existing Victorian glass conservatory on the side of a listed villa. The new extension accommodates a dining area and snug which can be physically separated with sliding doors.
Special thanks to Dapple Photography for use of these great images, well worth a look at her portfolio.
Architects: Crew Architects
Engineer: David Narro Associates
Photography: Dapple Photography
Alterations and extension to a large Victorian villa in the Grange Conservation Area of Edinburgh. The rear of the house was opened up and extended to form a bright, open-plan kitchen, dining and living space. A series of sliding, folding and fixed windows created a better sense of connection with the garden, and drew sunlight in from the south-facing aspect.
A new build house on a relatively small plot on the edge of the Edinburgh New Town.
The house was designed by Richard Murphy for himself and is, by any standards, a little wonder.
The creation of a very large garden room extension. The house was also opened up internally to link the kitchen and dining area with the new family room that also includes a guest bedroom/study with en-suite facilities.
The conversion of a former silversmith's workshop.
A ground floor flat was connected to an unoccupied vaulted space beneath to create a two bedroom maisonette. The vault is cut into by glazed slots and light chutes giving light and ventilation to the lower spaces.